Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Stay with me!!!

Americans are so starved for history that we even go down into holes in the ground for research. Mayan storage, the guide told us. After being in close quarters together someone made the comment about fatus. Our Spanish guide didn't understand the meaning of the English word. He finally got it. What a hoot!!!


The Grand Plaza at Tikal where the kings were buried. The court yard was unbelieveable.




I hope you endulge me a minute so I can share a little of the history I have learned about the Land we are recognizing as being the possible site of the Book of Mormon. The ruins in Guatemala City as I mentioned earlier dates 600BC to 200BC which for other reasons is considered the City of Nephi. From the information in the Book of Mormon they could see that the Nephites were a part of a high culture. They had a written lauguage. There are places that are written there that date back 1000 years. The Book of Mormon tells about many cities built and the geography matches the discriptions in the book. I find it interesting that the events in the Book of Mormon can match so closely to the geography of the land. The Nephites and the Lamanites had boundaries the Lamaites in the highlands and the Nephites in the valleys. Tital has had a unexpected dicovery of a fortication found around its borders . Moroni's call to defend themseves if you remember. The more I read the more amazed I am.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Great video mom! I love the pic of ya'll at the top of the mountain!

Vogl Land said...

Hey imagine my surprise when I pulled up your site to find that you not only added somethings but also changed your picture. Good going! By the way...Dustin just left our house. It was great seeing him and Brandon.

We have also started a blog but it is still in it's infancy.

Amy said...

Dustin said that your trip was so much fun! We really loved having him here in Vetgas!